Prep: 45 minutes Cook:20 minutes Makes: 12-15 baozi
1 lb ground pork
1 cup chopped Chinese cabbage,remove leaves.
1/2 cup chopped green onions, a little minced ginger.
1 teaspoon salt(according to your taste).
1 teaspoon white pepper.
1 teaspoon essence of chicken
1 tablespoon soy sauce.
3 tablespoons sesame oil.
3 full tablespoons sweet bean sauce (can be found in Asian market.)
1 teaspoon Thirteen Spicy Powder (can be found in Asian market.)
500g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon yeast
Step 1: Wrapper
1. Put all ingredients except water together in a big bowl, add water slowly while mixing flour by hand or chopstick until all the flour become pieces.
2. knead the flour to a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with lid or a slightly wet towel over it(to avoid the surface of the dough turning dry) and keep in a warm place, until double in size.
4. Knead it to a smooth dough again, and place it back in the bowl for more 10 minutes.
5. Spread some flour on the cutting board, cut the dough into three pieces, knead one piece into a smooth round dough.
6.Make a hole in the center of the dough to form a ring, use your hands to pull and widen the center of the ring, until it’s two-fingers thick.
7. Make a cut on the ring and straighten the dough into a line. Roll it by hands until it’s evenly thick. Cut the line into small pieces.
8. Spread some flour over the small pieces and slightly flatten each small piece by hand. Then roll the edge of each small piece by rolling-pin to make the baozi wrapping, the center of each wrapping should be thicker than the edges.
Step 2: Stuffing
1. Put all ingredients together in a big bowl, mix well(fast mix it clockwise, for 1 minute), marinate for 15 minutes. (*If thick, add some vegetable oil until mixing does not need much effort.)
Step 3: Making Baozi and steaming
1. Put a full tablespoon stuffing into the center of the wrapping, fold and seal the edge, shape it into round (see picture). set aside for 5-8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, Heat half full of water in a steamer to boil, place baozi on the tray, steam 20 minutes over high heat.
3. Serve with vinegar as the dipping sauce.
2. B中所有材料放在一个大碗里, 加水和成面团并醒发到两倍大.