Prep:45 minutes Cook:10 minutes Makes:80 middle-size dumplings, 4 servings.
For dumpling wrappers:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups room temperature water
1/3 teaspoon salt
1. Add salt to flour and mix well, then slowly add water to flour and knead to a dough. let stand for 30 minutes, covered with a slightly wet paper towel over the dough to avoid the surface of the dough turning dry.
2. Spread some flour on cutting board, cut the dough into three pieces, knead one pieces into a smooth round dough.
3. Make a hole in the center of the dough to form a ring, use your hands pull and widen the center of the ring, until it’s two-finger thick.
4. Make a cut on the ring and straighten the dough into a line. Roll it by hands until it’s evenly thick. Cut the line into small pieces.
5. Spread some flour over the small pieces and slightly flatten each small pieces by hand. Then roll the edge of each small pieces by rolling pin until it’s thin wrappers, the center of the wrapper should be thicker than the edges.
For dumpling filling:
3 zucchini, finely shredded;
1 carrot, finely shredded;
3 eggs, slightly fried and separate into small bits.
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2/3 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons cooking oil( I used olive oil this time)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Place finely shredded zucchini and carrots together in a bowl, let stand for 10 minutes, you will see the water is running out from the vegetables, take some of the vegetables on your hand and very hardly squeeze and drain off the water in the vegetables until the water is completely squeezed out from the vegetables.
2. Place everything into vegetables and mix well.
1. Take a piece of dumpling wrapper on your left hand, place a tablespoon of filling in the center of the wrapper.
2. Then fold it up and clamp it together in the middle, then clamp on the left and right sides to completely close it. Make sure that the edges is pressed tight so the filling won’t run out when cooking.
3. Bring half full salted water to boil in a big pot over high-level heat, place dumplings into the pot, stir immediately to prevent the dumplings stick on the bottom of the pot, but very carefully to avoid the dumplings are broken. stick boiling about 8-10 minutes(for vegetables dumpling) or until the dumplings are cooked through.
4. Turn off the heat, remove all dumplings to a plate, serve immediately with any kind of dipping that you like.
(In Northern China, the dumplings usually serves with a kind of traditional dipping that makes of vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil,diced garlic and chilli powder. Dumpling can also be cooked in other ways, for example: steaming or pan-fried.)
配料: 3杯面粉，1 1/3杯常温水，1/3茶匙盐。