Prep/准备: 15 minutes Cook/制作: 15 minutes Makes/份量: 1-2 servings/ 1-2人份
2 cups broccoli florets 2杯切成小朵的西兰花
1/2 pound beef tenderloin 250克牛里脊肉
1 teaspoons fermented black beans 1茶匙豆豉
2 teaspoons diced garlic 2 茶匙切碎的蒜末
1 aniseed 1个大料(八角)
1 teaspoon Chinese peppercorns 1茶匙花椒粒
2 tablespoons cooking oil 2汤匙油
2 teaspoons sesame seeds 2茶匙熟芝麻
1 teaspoon sesame oil 1茶匙香油
1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2茶匙盐
1/2 teaspoon white pepper 1/2茶匙白胡椒粉
1 teaspoon essence of chicken 1茶匙鸡精
1/2 teaspoon sugar 1/2茶匙白糖
1 teaspoons corn starch １茶匙淀粉
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce 1 1/2茶匙生抽
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce 1 茶匙老抽（optional）
1 teaspoon sesame oil 1茶匙香油
2 teaspoons water 2汤匙水
1. If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips(see photo). In a small bowl stir together salt, pepper, chicken powder, soy sauce, cooking wine, corn starch and a little bit water. set aside，about 15 minutes for the marination.
2. Bring water to boil and add a few drops of oil in the water, place the broccoli florets into hot water cook about 15 seconds, drain off the water and bath in cool water, set aside.
3. In a middle size wok or skillet, cook and stir the pepper corn and aniseed in oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute or until it become to a bit dark brown then throw them away, remain the oil in the wok.
4. Stir in fermented black beans and half of the chopped garlic in the oil about 20 seconds, then turn the heat to high-level, place sliced beef into the oil, cook and stir until the beef are cooked through.
5. Add cooked broccoli florets into the beef, season with essence of chicken, sugar and water, rest of diced garlic and the mixture of corn starch and water, keep to cook and stir about 10 more seconds over middle-high heat and mix everything well, and then turn off the heat immediately, add sesame oil, mix well.
加入西兰花,用鸡精,白糖,水,剩下的一半蒜末调味, 再炒30秒,关火. 淋香油，拌匀。
6. Serve with sesame on the top.
- Beef shouldn’t be sliced too thin. 肉片不要切太薄，否则口感不好。
- Fermented black bean are salty, so you don’t need to add extra salt in the cooking process. 因为豆豉比较咸，所以炒制过程中不需要再加盐。
- Add more water if the beef are dry with the marinade, to keep the beef tender and moisture before cooking.（this time the beef are taste a bit dry because i didn’t add water in the marinade）这次做的牛肉就有点干因为我没有在腌料汁中加水。
- After adding the broccoli into the wok and seasoning, turn off heat immediately, to keep the beef tender. 加入西兰花并调味后应马上关火，因为牛肉炒久会变老。
The second version of broccoli beef –
1. Added 3-4 teaspoons extra water in the marinade of beef, to make the beef taste more tender compare with the first version.
2. Added 1 teaspoon corn starch and 1/4 cup water mixture in the wok before turn off the heat, to make some of nice sauce.
3. Didn’t useing dark soy sauce and sesame seeds.
4. Added some more vegetables.
Steaming broccoli for 3–4 minutes is recommended to maximize potential anti-cancer compounds. However, other preparation methods such as steaming, microwave, and stir frying had no significant effect on the compounds. 建议沸煮西兰花的时间控制在3分钟以内以保存它的营养，其它方式比如蒸，微波，或者炒，都不会影响太大。